User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The World Cup 2010  (Read 7100 times)

Offline mr_smokey

• Members
Re: The World Cup 2010
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2010, 10:38:30 PM »
argies are gonna win it! u read it here first, or maybe not first

Offline galactica

• Members
  • I'm a SnOb and love Bi-bro
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2010, 11:43:55 PM »
argies are gonna win it! u read it here first, or maybe not first

They did... the match  ;D but Greece is eliminated  :'(

You're right. Argentine is a serious candidate for the World Cup.

Dunno why but i see Argentine-Spain for the finale. But Germany won't be far away from them.

The captain of the French team said they won't receive any bonuses. Just as well ! At least a smart thing done.
I'm cultured... Doesn't mean I'm arrogant.

Offline Gertie

• Members
  • Rrrrrrrreally?
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2010, 07:52:28 PM »
Wow, lucky England is through and so is the US!! Gala, looks like you were right after all :)

Offline galactica

• Members
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2010, 11:28:50 PM »
A least a french person who did a good thing !  ;D

I think England is still in danger. As could be Germany. I hope, for the beauty of the game, both will do a good match for the eighth of finale.

Such a shame i didn't watch USA-Algeria. Totally forgot. It seemed, with the extracts, the match was pretty good. USA can make a huge surprise. With the 130,000 american supporters whom did the travel, it could be really helpful. Can't believe they could go to the quarterfinale. I made a list and i see them versus Uruguay. But we're not at this point yet.

Offline Anokas_Ritolas

• Members
  • ~ LUTA CAMARADA CONTRA A REACÇÃO! ~
    • My blog
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2010, 12:55:08 PM »
The only thing I say is ... 7-0  :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

Portugal is kicking ass ... but I don't think it'll win Brasil ... maybe a tie, but definately not a win

Offline galactica

• Members
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2010, 04:07:18 PM »
Let's see how your country will be tomorrow versus Brasil. Everything is possible.

At this moment, Italy is ready to go back home. So unreal !

French team has arrived in France a few hours ago. Surrounded by firemen trucks and other things to keep pple (journalists, supporters) away from them.
Apparently they didn't go toward them or even signing autographs. Nothing. Pathetic till the end.

You know what ? Here is my last comment i make about this team. But i don't keep you talking about them and reply. The last thing i can tell we trust in the new coach. He never disapointed us and is admired by everyone (when the actual one was named, everyone said "Who ?". I really hope and i speak in the name of all the french pple, they're gonna do a huge housework, in every way. Our next match will be in august (friendly one). If nothing has changed, it's gonna be Hell to pay.

Offline galactica

• Members
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2010, 05:08:28 PM »
Italy is eliminated.

I don't know what to say. At least La Squadra Azzura tried to come back and almost managed to. I can't imagine how it is in Italy at this moment. In the streets as in newspapers for tomorrow. I missed the Italian National Anthem. One of my favourite. Love to hum it. I feel sad.

Offline Anokas_Ritolas

• Members
    • My blog
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2010, 09:12:48 AM »
Agreed. Italy going home is sureal

As I predicted Portugal tied with Brasil and just a little tie made people go bezerk here :( there was a riot between portuguese and brasilians in a particular zone in Lisbon and it wasn't pretty :(

when will people learn? seriously ... that's what I hate the most in football ... stupid violence

Spain will be next to play against us ... will be a piece of cake compared to Brasil =P but I do believe it'll be a great match, at least more civilized than Portugal-Brasil ... and when I say this both teams have great potencial, won't be easy, but it'll be easier than Brasil because everyone knows Brasil is undefitable (almost).

Good going for Netherlands, Germany, England, Japan, Argentina and all others that were qualified =) Have to admit Japan is a suprise =)

We'll see how it goes

P.S: SAY NO TO VUVUZELAS!!!!!!

Offline galactica

• Members
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2010, 10:45:24 PM »
WHAT DID YOU SAY ?? :P True it was a pain in the a$$

Agree about Japan. If they do what they did versus Denmark, it could be huge. We should keep a look on them. Do i really need to add Spain ??

South America is playing flat out ! But i'm a little worried about Brasil. Don't ask me why but i don't wanna see Argentine winning. When i don't want to see something happening, it is actually.

I'm sad about USA. But on the other side, it's cool to see an african team going further in the competition. Just for info, Jon Stewart said that if USA won the World Cup, everyone should have said no longer "football" but "soccer". Of course, he teased about us. But that was really funny. Cliché, but funny.

Last comment of the day : I don't know what to say about England. I don't think they're gonna do something about the video problem. It didn't change since years so i don't think it will because a goal hasn't been counted. Because it's just another goal to add to the others. Beleive me, i really want to see them moving their asses for once.
I f i can confort my neighbours, Germany will be versus Argentina, so... wait and see.

Offline Anokas_Ritolas

• Members
    • My blog
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2010, 02:12:23 AM »

Portugal is out of the world cup ... NO MORE VUVUZELAS!!!!  :occasion18:

Offline Shorty

• Members
  • Rainbows N Unicorns?? O_o
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2010, 12:06:40 PM »
lucky Rita .. ;)

Offline galactica

• Members
« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2010, 10:14:19 PM »
The portuguese Goalkeeper was huge ! Hope you won't forget it in Portugal

Shorty ! Netherlands could win versus Brasil. Big possibility for me it happens I don't think Brasil is doing a good world cup.

My favourite finale "Argentine-Spain" can't happen. It's a shame. Could be a half finale. I hope it won't happen. I want to see Germany winning versus them.

Then ? I don't know. A loads of things which happened were not expected

Offline Anokas_Ritolas

• Members
    • My blog
« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2010, 11:29:39 PM »
Sure thing! There's even a group/page on facebook that goes "I bet Ricardo (our goalkeeper) has more fans than Cristiano Ronaldo" and well ... everyone here wants to lynch andd kill the coach for his bad choices on the match

Offline Shorty

• Members
  • Rainbows N Unicorns?? O_o
« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2010, 11:01:23 AM »
@ gal, pleaasee no! XD i'm not a football fan :P and a hater of the vuvuzela's XD so i know Gertie wont agree, like most in my country XD, but i hope we loose :P i've had enough orange and shouting for a year now XD (sorry Gertie :P)

Offline Gertie

• Members
  • Rrrrrrrreally?
« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2010, 10:34:34 PM »
OMG Shorty!! Blesphamy!! I've got a strong gut feeling that we will lose to Brasil tomorrow... I'll be completely psyched if we win tho!!!